Wednesday, March 11, 2009

How NOT to do Tween public relations


For weeks I’ve been trying to get hold of the Disney Channel’s PR department. I call, get routed everywhere and a message says, press 1 for this, 2 for that. Disney Channel appears to have no real humans working there.


That is a great way to build an image. Sure we live in the day of Twitter, Facebook and MySpace, but please, get real people to answer your phones. Eons ago companies would hire an answering service. Disney Channel does not even let you select voice mail. What’s up with that?


Yet, they own the world in creating stars. Miley Cyrus, Zac & Vanessa. How can they have such a crappy way of dealing with the public (guess what public relations means) and still be numero uno?


Call me, Disney Channel. I have questions.


There’s a great story coming here about casting the Hannah Montana show if I could ever get hold of Disney Channel’s PR department!

No comments: