Sunday, December 27, 2009

John Fields – a music guy I wasn’t aware of


As a music journalist, including for the biggest music trade, Billboard, I’ve known many back end people; producers, concert promoters, song writers, even roadies.

Today I was listening to Selena Gomez’ Disappear and it hit me – Hall & Oates. When I did my research, it wasn’t Hall & Oates; it was a guy name of John Fields – a production guy.

He has been credited with Jonas Brothers Don’t Speak, Hollywood, and Paranoid. Miley Cyrus’ 7 Things and Brandi Carlile Throw it All Away. He about owns Demi Lovato: Believe in me, Everytime you lie, Falling over me, Moves me, Party, Remember December, The Middle and U Got Nothin’ On Me. He produced Jon McLaughlin Beating My Heart.

Question is, did he really write Disappear, or get credit for being the producer? Found his discography, but Disappear doesn’t appear on it. Hope Mr. Fields sees this post, leaves a comment and gets in touch. This guy truly is MAGIC. Besides producing Tween hits, he can do something Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato, Jonas Brothers and Selena Gomez can’t do – walk down the street without being bothered.

What’s his connection to Alice Melo of Brazil?

No comments: